Thursday, November 22, 2018

Stan Lee Remembered (Part II)

Stan Lee Remembered (Part II)


SPOILERS for "Avengers: Infinity War".  And the "Mr. Stank" is a reference to the Stan Lee's appearance in "Captain America: Civil War", where he has a delivery for "Mr. Stank", rather than "Mr. Stark".  So, the seeming typo is intentional.

I'll be honest: I'm really not sure what I think about this cartoon.  I am conflicted.

On the one hand, it really seems disrespectful to someone for whom I have a deep appreciation.  I still smile every time he shows up in a movie cameo (with the best ones being in "Deadpool" and the trailer for "Deadpool 2"--with the classic line "Zip it, Stan Lee!"--and "Guardians of the Galaxy").

On the other hand, it was one of the first things that popped into my head after I heard Stan Lee died.  It was completely unbidden, like Ray's vision of the Stay-Puft Marshmallow Man as the manifestation of Gozer the Gozerian, in "Ghostbusters" (1984)--with probably the same rampant destruction to my career.  But, then I remembered I really don't have a career, so here it is!

* * *

Done digitally in Clip Studio Paint.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment