Wednesday, January 6, 2021

Happy (Belated) New Year 2021...

Happy New Year 2021!

My first post of the New Year... It still has that New Year smell and everything!  Better late than never, I guess.  Anyhoo, here's to hoping a New Year sweeps clean!

I want to take a few moments to thank everyone who has stopped by and gawked at my modest Blog.  Any attention is greatly appreciated!  (Wait, did that sound half of desperate as it seemed as I wrote it out?  Nah, couldn't be...)  Thank you, all!

I hope everyone stays safe and well this year!

* * *

STEP ONE:  Here's the original rough idea, scribbled in Clip Studio Paint on the iPad.  I used a 1,500px x 2,250px document @ 600dpi.  It was going to be a far more of a straight up parody cover of "Fantastic Four #49", with various notes to myself.  This is definitely an early version when I was still kicking ideas around, so it's more of a peek behind the curtain.  Also, you get to see some of the lame jokes you missed!  Bullet dodged!

The way it played out in my head was to have Galactus as the stand in for 2021 destroying the previous, cursed year of 2020.  Hence the 2-0-2-0 on the chests of each of the Fantastic Four.

* * *

STEP TWO:  After a lot of other noodling about (including entertaining other well-known comic covers to parody), I decided just focus on the more iconic part of the cover, with Galactus towering over the New Year.  Also, the "2-0-2-1" seemed to not show up very well, so I went with replacing the Fantastic Four with the actual numbers to spell out the year, but still left them with their arms and legs.  So, here's the digitally inked page.

* * *

STEP THREE:  And, many color layers later, here's the finished pic.  I even remembered to write 2021... which I usually don't remember to write the New Year until mid-June, most of the time.  (Sadly, not kidding as much as I would like.  Sigh...)  ;-)

* * *

Done digitally in Clip Studio Paint on an iPad Pro.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment