Saturday, October 29, 2022

Day 29: Rubber (2010) - 31 Days of HELL-O-Ween 2022

 31 Days of HELL-O-Ween 2022
Rubber (2010)

My pal and friend of the Blog, Joel, half-jokingly suggested "Rubber" for "31 Days of HELL-O-Ween".  But, y'know, after he suggested it the more I realized I had do it.  It seems like a fever dream cross between "Scanners" and "Attack of the Killer Tomatoes" but with vulcanized rubber.

It is a strange movie, and one that I appreciate.  I mean, the entire concept of a murderous, telekinetic car tire (yes, car tire) is comedically absurd--and I am all for absurdism, but also includes: exploding heads galore, a romantic sub-plot of sorts (yes, really), and a metatextual Greek Chorus of the audience watching the movie slightly off to the side and commenting on the meaning of (as well as the lack thereof) what they are watching.  "Wait, you can't kill me, I'm a member of the audience."  BOOM!  Not to spoil the ending, but Vive la Révolution!

* * *

STEP ONE:  Here are the quickly scribbled digital pencils, done on a 2,000px x 2,500px document in Clip Studio Paint.

* * *

STEP TWO:  Here's about the halfway point in the digital painting, give-or-take.

* * *

STEP THREE: And the final image.

* * *

Done digitally in Clip Studio Paint.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment