Monday, January 30, 2023

Batman-uary 2023 - Alien Batman

BATMAN-UARY 2023:
Alien Batman

Just in time for the end of the month--It's BATMAN-UARY!  The year has just started and I'm already running behind.  Sigh...

This is one of the rare times when the story delivers what the cover shows for the most part: Batman and Robin are on an alien world, and in the ensuing few days the atmosphere transforms them into aliens and acquire strange powers (telekinesis).  It's just that simple!  They manage to get back to Earth, but remain aliens until the effects of the atmosphere begin to wear off (don't worry, they get better).  Until that time, they fight one of the greatest of their rogues gallery: The Yellow Sweater Gang...  

Oh, 50's and 60's Batman, don't ever change!

* * *

STEP ONE:  Here are the digital scribbles for the outline of the cover redo.

* * *

STEP TWO:  And here are the digital inks, for what they're worth.  I did cheat and trace the lettering for the logos and such.  I also found a reference picture of some sort of fishing village for the background.

* * *

STEP THREE:  The colors were flatted and then gone over with the airbrush tool.  After it was done, I thought I should add a little texture to the overall drawing and imported a paper texture I got from RetroSupply Co. to overlay the image, giving it a more newsprint feel.  

OK, I also admit I relied a little too much on the Airbrush tool for this one--something I normally don't use all that often (and it shows).

* * *

Done Digitally in Clip Studio Paint.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment