Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Happy (Belated) New Year!

HAPPY (Belated) NEW YEAR TO ALL!


Well, I'm a little late with this specific New Year's Day themed cover, but I still wanted to finish it up and post it.  For some reason, the New Year's Jim Steranko Hulk I posted last year seemed mildly popular, so I thought I'd continue with this one, as well.  Maybe I should have the Hulk ring in the New Year EVERY year?  :-)

I currently have a lot of irons in the fire, but I am hoping to post a little more often than last year (I averaged about one post ever week-and-a-half).  I hope everyone has a fantastic New Year!


Here's the cover I based this on, The Incredible Hulk #135 by Herb Timpe.  I always liked this cover and really wanted to re-do this for the late, great Covered Blog but, alas, I guess it wasn't meant to be.  So, I just did it as a more "cartoony" post for here.  

* * *


Here is the original inked page after I cleaned it up a little bit in PhotoShop.  It was done with a brush pen on 8-1/2" x 11" cardstock--nothing too fancy.  I then imported it into PhotoShop and created a MULTIPLY Layer to colorize the drawing.  I also did the lettering in PhotoShop, too.

* * *

This was done with ink and brush on 8-1/2" x 11" cardstock and then digitally colored in PhotoShop.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment