Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Unwanted Valentines: Roy Batty

Unwanted Valentines:
Roy Batty


I'm a HUGE fan of "Blade Runner"--the movie, more so than the book, "Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep", by Philip K. Dick.  The book is pretty good, but the movie just pulls my attention every time and I find it superior to the novel it's based upon.  I find it mildly ironic, since I almost always prefer the book to the movies.  For example, to use another Philip K. Dick work, I don't care for "Minority Report" the movie because the book/novella was perfect in the way it dealt with the contradictions made by the Precogs, and had a sense of paranoiac dread that I thought was lost in the transition to screen.

I missed Roy Batty's "birthday" last month (activated on January 8, 2016 according to the movie), so here's a Valentine about him, instead.

* * *


STEP ONE:  Here are the digital pencils on a 1,000px x 1,400px canvas at 200dpi.  Just a quick sketch to put in the general layout.

* * *


STEP TWO:  Over the digital pencils go the digital inks, don'cha know.  Mostly done with a 5pt Hard Round brush.

* * *


STEP THREE:  On a new Multiply Layer I put in the colors, and finished it off with the lettering featuring a fairly terrible pun.

* * *

This was done digitally with Photoshop

.

No comments:

Post a Comment