Friday, February 12, 2016

Unwanted Valentines: Immortan Joe

Unwanted Valentines:
Immortan Joe


And, an alternate one:


These Unwanted Valentines feature Immortan Joe, from "Mad Max: Fury Road".  I really liked the movie: it was visually arresting, moved along at a good clip, and had lots of good action pieces.  The story was very simple (we're driving this way, now back again), but I don't see anything wrong with that for a fun, action movie.  And, I have to say that 70-year-old director George Miller's visual sense in the movie was so dynamic and amazing, it seemed better than most directors half his age.

For the Valentines, I wasn't sure which wording I preferred, as both seems creepy enough to fit the character.  So, when I came to that fork in the road, I took it and did both.  Also, I didn't have time to do a second Immortan Joe drawing before Valentine's Day, so I just used the same one; I feel a little guilty about that.  Oh, well.  C'est Le Vie and all that jazz.

* * *


STEP ONE:  Here are the quick, digital pencils on a 1,000px x 1,400px canvas at 200dpi.

* * *


STEP TWO:  Digital inks done mostly with a 5pt. Hard Round brush.

* * *


STEP THREE:  Colors were done over a Multiply Layer, and the lettering was added.

* * *

Done digitally in Photoshop.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment