Friday, October 23, 2020

Day 23: Hellraiser IV: Bloodline (1996) - 31 Days of HELL-O-Ween 2020

 31 Days of HELL-O-Ween 2020
Hellraiser IV: Bloodline (1996)

OK, Hellraiser IV: Bloodline is a bit too on the nose with the trope of "Part 4: In Space".  The movie itself wasn't all that good to be honest, but there were a few interesting bits scattered throughout.  Seeing the satellite fold into a puzzle box at the end was pretty clever, I thought.  And the Cenobite, Angelique, caught my eye and thought she would be a good one to paint for 31 Days of HELL-O-Ween.

Oh, and for the record, I usually find "Part Blah-blah: In Space" to be generally amusing.  I think "Jason X" in Space is among the best of the Friday the Thirteenth series, IMHO.  Probably because it is filled with self-reference and ironic humor.  I mean, it isn't great (or even all that good), but it amused me.

* * *

STEP ONE:  The pencils, done on 8-1/2" x 11" toned cardstock with a black colored pencil.

* * *

STEP TWO:  And this is about the halfway point with gouache/watercolor.

* * *

STEP THREE:  And here's the end painting.  Alas, I was running out of time, so it's a bit rushed.  It still took far longer than planned, but it's done enough so I can start working on tomorrow's post.

* * *

Done with Watercolor/Gouache on 8-1/2" x 11" toned cardstock.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment