Saturday, October 24, 2020

Day 24: The Babadook (2014) - 31 Days of HELL-O-Ween 2020

 31 Days of HELL-O-Ween 2020
The Babadook (2014)

No, it's not the Johnny Depp version of The Mad Hatter!  It's The Babadook from the movie of the same name, where the monster in question is a metaphor for repressed grief.

And, yeah, the drawings from the book are probably more scary looking than the actual Mister Babadook, but I didn't want to just do a drawing of someone else's drawing.  Not that I'm opposed to that (as witnessed by my Comic Book Cover Recreations), but preferred to try something different.  In this case, a sort of digital scratchboard.

* * *

STEP ONE (And Only):  Oopsie, I just realized that I don't have any "Work in Progress" for this one--I just started and worked on it 'til it was done, completely forgetting to stop halfway through for a screenshot/copy-layer.

I created a 1,500px x 2,250px document, doing the background black.  I used the "G-Pen" in Clip Studio Paint with white lines; I used the Transparent color choice, rather than the eraser.  For some reason, I prefer the wider array of brush options that gives me, rather than the limited ones for the Eraser Brush.

* * * 

Done digitally with Clip Studio Paint.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment