Friday, October 30, 2020

Day 30: Zombi 2 (1979) - 31 Days of HELL-O-Ween 2020

 31 Days of HELL-O-Ween 2020
Zombi 2 (1979)

For this one, I will have to give a tip of the hat to my pal, Joel, who suggested "Zombie Flesh Eaters" (or, as I knew it, "Zombi 2").  As soon as he mentioned it I thought "Oh, yeah, that one had the infamous shark fighting a zombie...(and a LOT of other graphic gore which got it banned in many different countries).  I will definitely have to do that one!"

My mind flashed to the shark vs. zombie scene, and I saw it as a one-page comic, with it starting with the fight and it ending with the zombie and undead shark "walking" off together--like a boy and his dog (not to be confused with the Harlan Ellison short story of the same name ;-).

"Zombi 2" (also known as "Zombie", "Zombie Flesh Eaters", "Woodoo Zombi 2", and many, many more) was a sort of unofficial sequel to George Romero's "Dawn of the Dead".  I watched it when I was a young teen, with its reputation as a gross-out zombie movie preceeding it.  It definitely has a few scenes which live up to that!

* * *

STEP ONE:  In Clip Studio Paint, I created a 1,500px x 2,250px @ 300dpi canvas, and did up the digital pencils.

* * *

STEP TWO:  This is the inked page, done for the most part with a 10pt aliased brush.

* * *

STEP THREE:  And here is the coloring, done on a single layer under the Inking Layer.

* * *

Done digitally in Clip Studio Paint.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment