Saturday, February 18, 2017

Shameless Self-Promotion: 100,000 Views

100,000 Views


Well, it took about 5-1/2 years, but last week I broke the 100,000 Views mark which, to me, seems like a lot.  At this rate, I should be crossing over the 1,000,000 Views mark sometime in the 2060's.  So, there's that to look forward to.  I'm sure most of the people were tricked into visiting with Google's algorithm accidentally suggesting a posting or picture from my site, or something along those lines.

And, there are even a few of you (very few, of course) who are actually masochistic enough to subscribe to my Blog and, to you, I have a special message:  Have you no sense of shame?  Where is your dignity?  I think it is time you take a long, hard look in the mirror and begin to ponder some of the choices you've made throughout your life...  Get it together, people!

Anyhoo, my sincere thanks to all of you out there -- tricked and otherwise -- who have taken the time to gawk at my modest Blog.  It is all GREATLY appreciated!  :-)

For those of you interested (and even those of you who aren't), below are the Step-By-Steps...

* * *


STEP ONE:  Here are the digital pencils on a 1,000px x 1,400 document.  Based on the Jim Steranko "Hulk King-Size Special #1" cover, which I've used before as a parody cover.

* * *


STEP TWO:  Here is the half-hearted, grayscale, digital painting.  I figured I'd be doing most of the actual painting in the color layer, so I didn't bother with getting too much detail.

* * *


STEP THREE:  Over several New Layers, I kept building up the digital painting, adding and subtracting highlights and shadows, and just generally adding a few textures here and there.  I also went with actual fonts, rather than my semi-crummy hand-lettering.

THANKS AGAIN, Everyone!  Your kind attentions are very much appreciated!  :-)

* * *

Done digitally in PhotoShop.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment