Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Celestials: Tiamut the Dreaming Celestial (Part 2)

Celestials: 
Tiamut the Dreaming Celestial


To continue from the previous post, here is the golden armored version of the Dreaming Celestial, formerly Tiamut the Communicator before his "Fall from Grace".  I find the story of the Dreaming Celestial to be something which captures my imagination and would like to work on further.  Aw, heck, I'm just a fan of the Celestials in general and will definitely be doing more with them in the future.

However, for now I will be taking a little break from this series and finish off most of the major Celestials at a later date.


Here is the original version of Tiamut.  I've included both the Kirby version from his original Eternals series in the 1970's (Issue #18) and a more recent version that I used as the primary reference.

* * *


STEP ONE:  I used a blue lead 0.5mm mechanical pencil on 8-1/2" x 11" cardstock for the pencils.

* * *


STEP TWO:  The inking was done with a fine point Sharpie Non-Bleed pen and a PITT Brush tip pen to fill in the black areas and add some line variation.

* * *


STEP THREE:  I scanned the image into PhotoShop and colorized it with a MULTIPLY Layer, keeping the color scheme somewhat consistent to the previous Celestials entries I did for the Official Handbook to the Marvel Universe: REDUX EDITION.

* * *

This was done with pen-and-ink on 5-1/2" x 8-1/2" cardstock and colored in PhotoShop.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment