Thursday, February 13, 2014

Unwanted Valentines: Mars Attacks!

Unwanted Valentines:
Mars Attacks!


Well, Valentine's Day sneaked up on me this year, so I'll only have a couple "Unwanted Valentines" this time around.

This one came about from the obvious joke of "Men are from Mars".  :-D

* * *


STEP ONE:  I pencilled the Mars Attacks! Martian's head as a heart-shape on a piece of cardstock.  I then scanned it into PhotoShop.

* * *


STEP TWO: I move the pencils a a top Layer and set it to MULTIPLY.  I then started to use the chalk brush in PhotoShop to digitally paint the Martian's head.

* * *


STEP THREE:  Here it is about halfway done and without the guide over top of it.  I was far enough along to jettison the guidelines altogether by this point.

* * *


STEP FOUR:  This is the finished Martian's heart-shaped head.  I added the lettering above (OK, as it was just an "I" and a "U", that barely counts as lettering), and used a 25 pixel line around 'em and called the card above "DONE!"

* * *

Done digitally in PhotoShop.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment