Thursday, October 18, 2018

Inktober 2018 - I Was a Teenage Werewolf (1957)

Inktober 2018
I Was a Teenage Werewolf (1957)


Hey, another pen-and-ink drawing based on a terrible B-Movie from my youth!  This one is the classic (HA!) "I Was a Teenage Werewolf".  It starred Michael Landon as a hot-headed teenager high-schooler who is hypnotized as part of an experimental treatment, only to have it turn him into a homicidal, titular teenaged werewolf.  Most of the time, he transforms when he hears a ringing bell or alarm, which I'm sure I could turn into some sort of Pavlovian Dog/Wolf joke if I tried a little bit harder--or if I even tried at all!

The movie is not good, of course, but then again "quality" and "discernment" are two things which most assuredly would never be applied to my childhood.

Below, are the steps involved in creating the drawing... which are almost identical to the previous post.  And the post before that... and all of Inktober, for that matter.  And I'm sure it'll pretty much be the same for the next post, too.  (SPOILERS!) 

* * *


STEP ONE:  The pencils were done with an ebony pencil vaguely scribbled on 8-1/2" x 11" cardstock.

* * *


STEP TWO:  The inks were done using a #10 brush and Pro Art Pro-4100 ink.

* * *


STEP THREE:  After it was imported into Photoshop, it was colored over a Multiply layer.

* * *

Done with Pen-and-Ink on 8-1/2" x 11" cardstock / Digitally colored.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment