Monday, March 22, 2021

March M.O.D.O.K. Madness 2021 #4

March M.O.D.O.K. Madness 2021
(Mental Organism Designed Only for Killing)

Hey, look!  It's another submission for the March M.O.D.O.K. Madness Blog!  Not too much to say about this one, other than I started with a random doodle to test out some brushes in ArtStudio Pro and it turned into M.O.D.O.K...  which seems to happen quite a bit in March, now that I think about it.  Oh, well, 'Tis the Season, after all!

I'm hoping to get another two-or-three M.O.D.O.K. submissions in before it's done at the end of March.  Here's to hoping!

* * *

STEP ONE:  Here are the very quick digital pencils and digital paint scribbles as well, done on a 3,500px x 5,000px canvas @ 300dpi in ArtStudio Pro.

* * *

STEP TWO:  I continued on with it, working on his lumpy face and head.  Also, I thought it was a bit too much of a close-up, so shrunk it down a little bit and worked on it some more.

* * *

STEP THREE:  And I put in some glowy bits and bars, some straggled hair, and assorted cleaning of edges and called it good enough.  Although, while I generally like the face, I realized the painting eventually worked itself back to a straight-ahead view, as well as using the Symmetry Drawing Tool to do the chair and whatnot.  I have way too many drawings and paintings of M.O.D.O.K. straight on.  I'll have to do a self-imposed ban and do something different pose-wise for the next few years, methinks.

Funnily enough, all three Work-in-Progress digital paintings look like they could each be a completely different submission to the March M.O.D.O.K. Madness Blog.  Oh, well, speaking of--Time to work on the next one!

* * *

Done digitally in ArtStudio Pro.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment