Friday, February 8, 2013

Unwanted Valentines: Man-Thing

UNWANTED VALENTINES
MAN-THING

Over the next week, I hope to have a few more Unwanted Valentine's Day cards.  Stay tuned!




OK, this joke is just really obvious and I'm quite sure it's probably been done a kajillion times already...  Not that it has EVER stopped me before (nor will it in the future, alas).

Yes, there **REALLY** was a series published by Marvel Comics titled Giant-Size Man-Thing, which starred the titular character, Man-Thing, and had about three times as many pages as normal comics of the time (hence the term "Giant-Size").  This spawned many an obvious joke to those of us with the mentality of a 13-year-old (like myself).  The tagline for the comic was "Whoever Knows Fear Burns at the Touch of Man-Thing!"  So, of course, I had to work that into the card, as well...

* * * 
Here's the original pen-and-ink drawing which I scanned in and colorized.  I appropriated the logo from the "Giant-Size Man-Thing" comic, and did the lettering in PhotoShop, as well:


This was done with pen-and-ink on 8-1/2" x 11" paper and digitally colored in PhotoShop.

.


No comments:

Post a Comment