Wednesday, March 16, 2016

March M.O.D.O.K. Madness 2016 - Part 2

March M.O.D.O.K. Madness - 2016
Mental Organism Designed Only for Killing


It's another submission for March M.O.D.O.K. Madness Blog for 2016!

This is a picture of the last thing you will see just before M.O.D.O.K. mindblasts you into oblivion... :-O

* * *


STEP ONE:  Here are the breakdowns on a 900px by 1,100px canvas.

* * *


STEP TWO:  I tightened up the digital painting in the face a little bit, figuring this was good enough for me to get started.

* * *


STEP THREE:  Here is the first color overlay, done with a Multiply Layer.  I also did the line work for the headband, using a straight line and then the Warp Tool to bend the line.

* * *


STEP FOUR:  On a New Layer (Normal Mode), I finished up the rest of the digital painting.  I added the white lights and lines for the piping on his headband.

* * *


STEP FIVE:  I blurred the white of the piping so it looked like it was glowing.  And, finally, I created a series of white triangles around the middle of the center headband and used a Radial Blur (Spin) Filter to create the blasting effect.  Now, to send it off the the March M.O.D.O.K. Madness Blog!

* * *

Done digitally in Photoshop.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment