Thursday, January 30, 2014

Celestials: Scathan the Approver

Celestials: 
Scathan the Approver


Hey, it's my 100th Post, and who better to feature than the Celestial, Scathan the Approver.  Apparently, he is Celestial from an alternate future, first appearing in the "Guardians of the Galaxy" (1994).  Unlike Arishem, he doesn't Judge, per se, but he approves or disapproves of certain, pivotal situations.  Which, to be honest, seems like a minor distinction at best.  :-)


Here is Scathan the Celestial from his appearance in the "Guardians of the Galaxy" (1994).  The image above became a minor meme, used whenever a person would post something which was met with disapproval.  Bless you, Nerds, everywhere!  :-)

* * *


STEP ONE:  I did the pencils with a blue lead .05 Mechanical Pencil on 8-1/2" x 11" cardstock.

* * *


STEP TWO:  The inks were done with a Fine Point, Bleed-Proof Sharpie pen, with a little help from a PITT Brush Pen for some of the heavier blacks.

* * *


STEP THREE:  I scanned it into PhotoShop and colorized it over a MULTIPLY Layer.  Once more, I kept the color scheme very simple to match the previous Celestials entries I did for  the Official Handbook to the Marvel Universe: REDUX EDITION.  Y'know, just to keep things consistent.

* * *

Hey, Scathan, what do you think of my 100th Post?


Ah, well, a SCATHING review of my Blog from Scathan the Approver.  Better luck next time, I guess...

* * *


This was done with pen-and-ink on 5-1/2" x 8-1/2" cardstock and colored in PhotoShop.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment