Monday, March 6, 2023

March M.O.D.O.K. Madness 2023 #2

 March M.O.D.O.K. Madness 2023
(Mental Organism Designed Only for Killing)

Hey, it's another submission to my chums over at the March M.O.D.O.K. Madness Blog!  This time, it's a paean to those classics of Literature, the Golden Books.

Onward to the next one!

* * *

STEP ONE:  'Cuz I ain't too bright, I somehow accidentally managed to merge the pencil layer with the Pen-and-Ink Layer and not realize it until it would take the maximum amount of time to fix it (normally, I have my documents set up to prevent that very thing--the one time I deviate from that, this is what happens.  Sigh...).  So, here are the digital inks on an 1,850px x 2,200px canvas @300dpi.

* * *

STEP TWO:  Here are the colors in all their glory.

* * *

STEP THREE:  Once the colors were all done, it was time to break out some digital chicanery.  I have some paper textures and texture brushes from Retro Supply Co. that give the look of beaten and weathered media.  I also put a yellowed Color Layer over top to harmonize everything and give it a slightly aged look.

* * *

Done digitally in Clip Studio Paint and Rebelle 6 with an assist.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment