Friday, March 10, 2023

March M.O.D.O.K. Madness 2023 #3

  March M.O.D.O.K. Madness 2023
(Mental Organism Designed Only for Killing)

It's another M.O.D.O.K. piece for the March M.O.D.O.K. Madness Blog!  This one sort of started out as a doodle based on a vague image in my head and then kept going.

Onward to the next one!

* * *

STEP ONE:  Well, this time there's only one step that took me an embarrassing amount of time to finish. It originally started as a doodle in Rebelle 6, but it is a program more suited for doing more naturalistic looking digital paintings and such.  It got me about 75% of the way to what I wanted, but I am used to using Clip Studio Paint's curved line tool and other such tools to give a more mechanical feel to M.O.D.O.K. being a robot that I was looking for.  So, I imported it into Clip Studio Paint and basically did the whole drawing all over again over top the one done in Rebelle 6.  Sigh...

For the background image, I had replaced the battery in my daughter's laptop and took a picture of the motherboard and such.  I duplicated and flipped a section of the image, and the placed the layer as a "Hard Mix" layer, which gave it a more textured look.

* * *

Done in Rebelle 6 and Clip Studio Paint

.

No comments:

Post a Comment