Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Mini-Paint: Commander Balok

Commander Balok


This time around, it is Balok from the "Star Trek" episode, "The Corbomite Maneuver", featuring Commander Balok, who turned out to be an animatronic dummy (**SPOILERS**).  Oh, wait, I guess you should have written the Spoiler Warning before the reveal.  Let's try again: This classic episode featured the alien, Commander Balok, who turned out to be (**SPOILERS**) an animatronic dummy.  There, I fixed it.

The palette was: Titanium White, Naples Yellow (Red Lt.), Yellow Ochre, Burnt Umber, Alizarin Crimson, Cobalt Blue (Hue), and Ivory Black.

I actually got this one done within my former time limit, about 90 minutes!

* * *


STEP ONE:  Here are the pencils on a 5.5" x 8" gessoed hardboard.  Again, I used leftover acrylic from the previous painting to tone the hardboard.

* * *


STEP TWO:  The first half hour, I used a #10 flat brush to lay in the rough colors and form.

* * *


STEP THREE:  The last hour, I continued to build up the colors, highlights, and shadows, using a #10 flat brush and #10 round brush.

* * *

This was done with acrylic paint on 5.5" x 8" gessoed hardboard.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment