Thursday, October 24, 2019

Day 24: Pumpkinhead - 31 Days of HELL-o-Ween 2019

31 Days of HELL-o-Ween 2019
Day 24: Pumpkinhead


This one is by special request from a pal of mine, Todd G.  So, heeeeeere's Pumpkinhead!  I liked the movie--it was a fun monster movie--and it was directed by special effects pioneer, Stan Winston.

This was done with pen and ink, then a little bit of watercolor/gouache for highlights and such on 8-1/2" x 11" toned cardstock.

* * *




* * *

Done with pen and ink/watercolor/gouache on 8-1/2" x 11" toned cardstock.

.

2 comments:

  1. I gotta say, I’ve been anxiously checking your blog every day excited to see what you come up with. John, so far you have absolutely NAILED this challenge! I’ve been consistently envious and impressed, but you really kicked me square in the stones with poor little pea soup Regan, then the Creep, and now in my opinion the coolest looking movie monster ever, Pumpkinhead!!! This is absolutely spot-on and does him great justice. Unfrickingbelievable! I don’t know how you’re going to be able to outdo yourself, but you always manage to find a way. Just wow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, well, well--It's that Todd G. guy I referenced above, then he shows up down here? Tsk! Thanks for the kind words, of course. No one is more surprised that some of these pictures are actually turning out not-too-badly than yours truly (there are a few stinkers in the bunch, too--but I'll mention them during my, um, post mortem when I am finished).

      I'm nearly done, and I'm just hoping I don't faceplant at the finish line--which would be exactly something which I would do.

      More later, Pal! :-D

      Delete