Monday, March 4, 2024

March M.O.D.O.K. Madness 2024 #2

March M.O.D.O.K. Madness 2024
(Mental Organism Designed Only for Killing)

It's another submission to the March M.O.D.O.K. Madness Blog.  Go over and pay them a visit to see some of the other artists who also enjoy the exploits of everyone's favorite Mental Organism Designed Only for Killing!

This one just started as a little doodle in Clip Studio Paint and sort of built up from there.  The mildly amusing thing is that I do have a few M.O.D.O.K.'s planned out, and this one sort of came out from nowhere, and actually sent me down a path for a couple more ideas.  Alas, I'm sure I have too many to even get to before the end of the month, but we'll see what gets done this time.

* * *

STEP ONE:  Here are the very quickly scribbled digital pencils done on a 2,000px x 3,000px canvas with a really chonky brush.

* * *

STEP TWO:  And here are digital inks.  If I were smart--and I've never been accused of such a thing--I would have used the Symmetry Tool or something for the inks.  I did Copy-and-Paste a few items (such as the lights and the fins sticking out on M.O.D.O.K.'s chair).  It would have saved me a lot of time.  But, then again, some of the non-symmetrical parts give it is less "mechanical" look, I guess.

* * *

STEP THREE:  And here are the added colors, done on a layer below the digital inks.

* * *

Done digitally in Clip Studio Paint.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment