Saturday, March 23, 2024

March M.O.D.O.K. Madness 2024 #5

March M.O.D.O.K. Madness 2024
(Mental Organism Designed Only for Killing)


It's another submission to the March M.O.D.O.K. Madness Blog.  Go over and pay them a visit to see some of the other artists who also enjoy the exploits of everyone's favorite Mental Organism Designed Only for Killing!

My previous March M.O.D.O.K. parody of Robert Crumb's "Keep on Truckin'" inspired another Robert Crumb parody, the cover to "Zap Comix #0", which I also did last year for a monthly art magazine I contribute to, "Moss Piglet" for the the Bob Dylan issue.  While I trace my previous drawing for the background, I would have been smarter to just duplicate that part of the drawing.  But, that would have been smart and efficient--and I've never been accused of such a thing!

Anyhoo, I'm hoping to get at least several more March M.O.D.O.K. Madness submissions in this year, so time to get on with the next one...

* * *

STEP ONE:  Here are digital inks.  In all the back-and-forth and juggling of which program was doing what, I managed to delete the pencil layers somewhere.  I would say "Live and learn", but I'm sure we all know that ain't gonna happen...

* * *

STEP TWO:  I exported the digital pen-and-ink layer as a .png with a transparent background, and then imported that into Rebelle to color it.  I was able to reuse some of the background color from the previous "Zap Comix #0" parody I did, and then colored the rest on a new layer.  I also put a newsprint texture over top.  It changed the colors a little bit, I prefer the look of it seeming more like a aged comic book cover/page.

* * *

Done digitally in Clip Studio Paint.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment