Monday, October 14, 2024

Day 14: Attack the Block (2011) - 31 Days of HELL-O-Ween 2024

31 Days of HELL-O-Ween 2024:
Attack the Block (2011)

In 2011's "Attack the Block", aliens land and, um, attack the, ah, block, and local gangs band together and come to the rescue.

OK, I will admit that this was a relatively easy one to do.  The aliens had an unsettling look--pure black with neon blue teeth.  Did I choose this one because it would be so (relatively) easy to do?  It surely didn't hurt as I was extra busy this week with other things, so it was good to have this one in my back pocket.  Although, if I were smart (and I've never been accused of such a thing), I would have just done this one digitally in about 10 minutes.

And, yeah, it does look like the old iPod ads from 2005.  They just need some white earphones and cords and they would be good to go.

* * *

STEP ONE:  Here are the quick pencils done with colored pencil on 8-1/2" x 11" extra-heavy toned cardstock.

* * *

STEP TWO:  And here's the finished painting.  For this one, it was the first pass was about 80% covered... and the next pass--here it is finished.  So, I just skipped scanning the mid-point and went with "Annnndddd DONE!".

One mildly amusing thing of note: Originally, I was going to have a graduated color of slightly darker Turquoise Green/Titanium White to a lighter Turquoise Green/Titanium White.  However, the the color difference how much it darkened between when the paint was wet vs. when it was dry was so great, I had to wait for it to dry to see if it worked... and mostly it didn't.  It would be blotchy and mottled as heck.  So, after two failed attempts, I scrapped that and went with a more solid color, cursing myself for not just going digital for this one.

* * *

Done with Acrylic on 8-1/2" x 11" extra-heavy toned cardstock.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment