Tuesday, October 1, 2024

Day 01: They Live (1988) - 31 Days of HELL-O-Ween 2024

31 Days of HELL-O-Ween 2024:
They Live (1988)

Well, well, well, it's time again once again for 31 Days of HELL-O-Ween in which I try to do 31 artworks from various horror movies--posting daily--in celebration of HELL-O-Ween!  This year I will admit that I may have bitten off more than I can chew and am sweating a bit at all the obstacles to finishing this self-imposed challenge.  We shall see if I prevail or I get to use the much-threatened blank page of "The Invisible Man" or "Slenderman" as a stick figure.  As always, I sure complain a lot for someone who has no one to blame but himself for all this...

Anyhoo, I usually bookend 31 Days of HELL-O-Ween with myself introducing and signing off and this time is no different, with a painting of myself as one of the goggle-eyed aliens from John Carpenter's 1988 sci-fi/horror movie, "They Live".

* * *

31 DAYS OF HELL-O-WEEN:
The Take-Home Game!

Once again, here are some logos for those of you who (for some dumb reason) want to play along at home!  It doesn't have to be daily--heck, just do one or two for the entire month--that's just as valid.  I'm just a dum-dum that does stuff the hard way.  There's no glory, no fame, and no fortune (trust me, this is the sixth year and none of those are anywhere to be found).  It's just for fun.  If you do wind up using them or posting anything, send me an e-mail of the link and I'll check it out!

* * *

STEP ONE:  Here are the quick pencils of myself as an alien from "They Live", done with colored pencil on 8-1/2" x 11" extra-heavy toned cardstock.

* * *

STEP TWO:  Here's the first pass with Acrylic paint.

* * *

STEP THREE:  And here's the finished image.  Onward to tomorrow's image!

* * *

Done with Acrylic on 8-1/2" x 11" extra-heavy toned cardstock.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment