Wednesday, March 11, 2020

March M.O.D.O.K. Madness 2020 - Part 3

March M.O.D.O.K. Madness 2020
(Mental Organism Designed Only for Killing)


Hey, it's another submission to the March M.O.D.O.K. Madness Blog!  Every once in a while, I like to do different art styles for M.O.D.O.K., just to keep things interesting.  This time, it's something a bit more primitive in style--a sort of digital wood cut print.

* * *


PART ONE:  In Procreate, I created a new document 2,048px x 2,732 at 132dpi, and used the "Inka" Inking Brush, which has a bit of a rough, dry line.  Using just the black and the white lines, I went with a more rough hewn style--looking to emulate a sort of wood block print aesthetic.  When I was finished, I imported it into Photoshop and changed the size to 1,200px x 1,601px at 200dpi.  I didn't bother with any digital pencils, or use the symmetry tools, just to keep it looking more primitive. 

* * *


PART TWO:  The colors were done over top with a Multiply Layer, also with the "Inka" Inking Brush.  I didn't bother doing any fancy airbrush or lighting effects, as the style would have clashed with the heavy line look, methinks.

* * *

Done digitally in Procreate on an iPad Pro.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment