Sunday, March 15, 2020

March M.O.D.O.K. Madness 2020 - Part 4

March M.O.D.O.K. Madness 2020
(Mental Organism Designed Only for Killing)


It's yet another submission to the March M.O.D.O.K. Madness Blog!  This time it's a change from the previous wood block cut and on to something more in line with what I usually do--for better or worse.  I'm hoping to get another two to four M.O.D.O.K. pics done before the end of the month.  So, we'll see...

* * *


STEP ONE:  Here is the black-and-white under painting on the iPad using the ArtStudio Pro app.  The canvas was 1,500px x 2,000px at 300dpi.  Unfortunately, I just started and kept going and didn't bother with Work in Progress at the time (ie. I didn't think ahead enough to take screenshots and such).  

This was actually drawn with M.O.D.O.K. facing the opposite direction, but when I flipped it to see if any mistakes were glaringly obvious, I realized I too often have characters facing right-to-left, so just left it flipped horizontally and continued to work on it that way.

* * *


STEP TWO:  And this is the basic color with the Overlay layer done over top the black-and-white under painting.  Some of the Layer Effects were either too dark or too colorful for the mood I was vaguely trying to establish.

* * *


STEP THREE:  Over top on a Normal Layer, I added a few highlights and other colors, as well as the lighting effect with a digital airbrush.  I exported it as a .jpg at 1,000px by 1,333px and called it good 'nuff.

* * *

Done digitally in ArtStudio Pro on the iPad.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment