Thursday, October 7, 2021

Day 07: Psycho Goreman (2020) - 31 Days of HELL-O-Ween 2021

 31 Days of HELL-O-Ween 2021:
Psycho Goreman

Well, one week down, 3 more weeks and some change to go...  

This time it's "Psycho Goreman (2020)".  This horror/comedy/sci-fi was something which I found delightfully silly and absurd, with a dash of gross out humor.  It scratched that 80's man-in-a-costume alien-monster-movie itch with a modern, self-aware twist.  It involves an ancient, space tyrant found by a 9-year old girl and her older brother and controlled by a space gem now in her possession.  The obvious question of "What's more evil, Psycho Goreman who has committed genocide after genocide throughout the galaxy, or the 9-year-ol..."  Oh, who are we kidding--it's obviously the younger sister.  She is cartoonishly sociopathic and there are so many things which gave me a good chuckle.  It toys with the conventions you expect, and does some subversions of those same conventions, which amused me, as well.  I say if you are looking for some over-the-top, silly, sci-fi fun, give it a watch.

Steven Kostanski also directed 2016's "Void", which I also liked quite a bit and did a great job of capturing the cosmic, Lovecraftian cults, complete with horrific body transformations.  I also give that movie a thumbs up for horror.

One of the (many) great quotable lines from the Psycho Goreman: "I do no like hunky boys!  Or, do I?"

* * *

STEP ONE:  The pencils, done on 8-1/2" x 11" extra-heavy toned cardstock.

* * *

STEP TWO:  First layer of acrylic paints...

* * *

STEP THREE:  And the finished acrylic painting.  Unfortunately, it scanned a little darkly and figured I should take a few minutes and correct some of it digitally.

* * *

STEP FOUR:  After I scanned it in, I imported it into Clip Studio Paint and did some digital work over the top, just to sweeten it up a little bit and punch up some of those brights.

* * *

This was done with acrylic paint and digital touch-ups with Clip Studio Paint.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment