Monday, October 18, 2021

Day 18: Bride of Chucky (1998) - 31 Days of HELL-O-Ween 2021

31 Days of HELL-O-Ween 2021:
Bride of Chucky

"Hi, I'm Chucky!  Wanna Play?"  

Whew!  Done with an hour-and-a-half to spare!  This time, it's Bride of Chucky--the movie which answers the existential question about what happens when dolls possessed by the spirit of serial killers have unprotected sex.  I mean, sure possessed dolls are plastic and practically are the definition of safer sex, but here we are...  

Anyway, it's an amusingly bad B-Movie, and just entertaining enough that I overlooked all its many, many flaws.  I thought about painting Chucky, and with all the sewing, staples, sloppy rebuilding and reanimation of him in "Bride of Chucky", it was obvious to me this was the version I would have to do.

And, because I'm not all that bright, of course I would choose a day when I'm running behind to paint two people (well, dolls, but still) rather than something really simple.  When will I learn?  And why is the answer to that question always "Never!"?

* * *

STEP ONE:  Hey, it's the pencils done on a toned piece of 8-1/2" x 11" toned cardstock.

* * *

STEP TWO:  And the first pass with acrylic paint.

* * *

STEP THREE:  This is the finished painting, with plenty of time to spare!  Onward to the next one... hopefully, one that's a little easier to paint.

* * *

This was done with Acrylic Paint on 8-1/2" x 11" toned cardstock

.

No comments:

Post a Comment