Thursday, October 21, 2021

Day 21: A Nightmare on Elm Street (1984) - 31 Days of HELL-O-Ween 2021

31 Days of HELL-O-Ween 2021:
A Nightmare on Elm Street

In a smooth segue, I went from a nightmare puppet with a knife for a hand to a Nightmare with knives on his hands.  While the later sequels really started leaning hard into the more surreal and ironically comedic kills, the first one I remember mostly for being a bit more straight forwardly a horror movie.

Gasp, I hope Freddy doesn't in some way make my nightmare of missing a post on this last 10 days of "31 Days of HELL-O-Ween" become a reality!  I better skip sleeping so I can paint some more!

* * *

STEP ONE:  Pencils done on an 8-1/2" x 11" piece of toned cardstock.

* * *

STEP TWO:  Just a quick foundation of acrylic paint upon which to build up the rest of the painting, as well as generally give the rest of the layers of paint something to stick to, and show the basic lighting and modeling.

* * *

STEP THREE:  And, after a lot of going back-and-forth to build up the scars and whatnot, here's the finished painting.

* * *

This was done with Acrylic on 8-1/2" x 11" cardstock.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment