Thursday, October 28, 2021

Day 28: Evil Dead 2 (1987) - 31 Days of HELL-O-Ween 2021

 31 Days of HELL-O-Ween 2021:
Evil Dead 2

"Evil Dead 2" had one of the creepiest posters (the one with eyes looking out at you from a skull), which may have put me off from renting it for a few weeks when I was a late teen.  Something about that poster was just off-putting.

However, when I did rent it, I found it a hilariously gory and just a fun B-movie.  Actual comedic beats that mixed with the puppets, stop-motion, and gallons of fake blood.  You can tell it's a Sam Raimi film through and through, and Bruce Campbell brings in the right amount of camp.  ("Evil Dead 3: Army of Darkness" is also great: the Three Stooges-esque cemetery scene makes me laugh every time I see it.)

* * *

STEP ONE:  This is the scribbled pencils on 8-1/2" x 11" toned cardstock.

* * *

STEP TWO:  Here is the first layer of acrylic to lay out the general form, lights and shadows.

* * *

STEP THREE:  And here's the final painting, which actually scanned better than I thought it would.

* * *

This was done with Acrylic paint on 8-1/2" x 11" toned cardstock.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment