Saturday, October 9, 2021

Day 09: Salem's Lot (1979) - 31 Days of HELL-O-Ween 2021

31 Days of HELL-O-Ween 2021:
Salem's Lot

No, it's not Nosferatu/Count Orlok again--this time's it's Barlow, the lead vampire from Stephen King's "Salem's Lot".

To be honest, I am more familiar with the book, which I read when I was much youger, than I am with the TV miniseries, which I only vaguely remember watching when I was a kid.  Although, I do remember the TV commercials playing for it all the time.

* * *

STEP ONE:  Here are the pencils, done on an 8-1/2" x 11" toned cardstock, don't with a .5mm mechanical pencil.

* * *

STEP TWO:  And the first pass with acrylic paint... although, I was noodling with the face so much it's probably closer to two or so passes with the ol' acrylic paint.  ;-)

* * *

STEP THREE:  And here's the final acrylic painting.  For whatever reason, this one scanned in just fine.  I think my scanner must hate either certain colors or paints that I use.  D'oh!  I just realized I forgot to go back in and finish some of the highlights on the collar trim... Oh, well... maybe I'll update later (but, to tell the truth, I'll probably just leave it and keep moving on).

* * *

This was done with Acrylic on 8-1/2" x 11" toned cardstock.

.  

No comments:

Post a Comment