Saturday, October 16, 2021

Day 16: Frankenstein (1931) - 31 Days of HELL-O-Ween 2021

31 Days of HELL-O-Ween 2021:
Frankenstein

Well, I'm just barely over the halfway point.  Why did I ever think this was a good idea?  I mean, a good idea, again?  One would think I'd have learned my lesson the first two time, but nope!

To state the obvious, pedantic point: Frankenstein is the name of the Doctor and not his creation; The Monster is the one who points that out.  And, yes, I know the The Monster is also named "Adam" in the book.  Speaking of, read the book.  Sure, it's a little slow moving at times compared to our moden sensibilities, but I found it a thoughful, philosophical story about the responsibility we have to our creations, and quite different from the movie(s).

* * *

STEP ONE:  Hey, look, I went right into painting and forgot to scan the pencils.  Sigh.  Anyhoo, here's the first layer of acrylic paint.

* * *

STEP TWO:  And here's the finished painting.  Of course, the scanner also picked up some of the warping on the cardstock, but it adds a little bit of extra texture.  Normally, I would mist the back of it with water and press it under some boards and weights to get it to flatten out, but didn't have the time I needed to do that the time as I had one foot out the door on my way to work.  Onward to the next one!

* * *

This was done with Acrylic paint on 8-1/2" x 11" toned cardstock.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment