Friday, October 13, 2023

Day 13: Friday the 13th - Part 10: Jason X (2001) - 31 Days of HELL-O-Ween 2023

 31 Days of HELL-O-Ween 2023:
Jason X (2001)

Hey, it's Friday the Thirteenth for you Triskaidekaphobics out there.  Because I'm a little slow sometimes, I didn't even realize that I should do a "Friday the 13th" movie for 31 Days of HELL-O-Ween on Friday the 13th until last night, so here we are--just in time!  And here's my Hot Take: Jason X (A.K.A. "Jason on Space") is probably my favorite of the "Friday the 13th" franchise.  I found it relatively cleaver, er, I mean clever, self-referential, with a bit of satire sliced into the movie as well.

Sure, most of the movie is just yadda-yadda because we need it for the plot to go forward, but it amused me enough to say "I see what you did there".  Dumb or not, I was along for the ride.

This was done with Acrylic Paint and a palette of: Paynes Gray, Titanium White, Yellow Ochre, Burnt Sienna, Burnt Umber, Primary Cyan, Turquoise Deep, and Cadmium Red Deep.

* * *

STEP ONE:  Here is a quick breakdown done with some random colors to suggest the general layout on the page.  It is painted on an 8-1/2" x 11" extra thick cardstock which was primed with a 50/50 mix of gesso and matte medium.

* * *

STEP TWO:  And here's the next pass with various colors to just try to get paint on the page and get the figure worked out.

* * *

STEP THREE:  It's the finished painting done with lots and lots and lots of back-and-forth.

* * *

Done with Acrylic paint on 8-1/2" x 11" gessoed cardstock.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment