Monday, October 30, 2023

Day 30: Wicked City (1987) - 31 Days of HELL-O-Ween 2023

 31 Days of HELL-O-Ween 2023:
Wicked City (1987)

I will admit, that when I looked at the Blog this morning, ready to Post today's "31 Days of HELL-O-Ween" drawing, I almost fell outta my chair trying to figure out why the posted number said I was at 28 days of HELL-O-Ween so far.  After feverishly making sure I didn't forget to hit "Publish", checking to make sure the latest painting was up on the Blog, and trying to figure out how I missed a day.  After about a minute of panic, I realized the real problem is that I cannot count to 30.  I had accidentally typed in "Day 28" for two different posts.  Sigh...  I'll learn to count beyond my fingers and toes one of these days.

Anyhoo, here we are--one more day to go!  Today's feature is from the 1987 Anime, "Wicked City".  I remember watching this a while back and being impressed with some of the animation and the wild and crazy storyline.  The amount of Anime in America at that time was still limited.  This featured demons, half-demons, and all manner of wild creatures.  Oh, and nudity, as well.  In this case, it was a spider demon with... let's just say she was nude and had a toothy spinneret.

* * *

STEP ONE:  In Clip Studio Paint, I created a 2,000px x 3,000px digital canvas and, using the Symmetry Tool, hastily scribbled the digital pencils.

* * *

STEP TWO:  I used the Transparent color for the ink brush as an eraser of sorts.  I really appreciated the Transparent color option to change any brush you are using into an eraser in Clip Studio Paint.  Every art program should do that, IMHO.

* * *

STEP THREE:  And here is the finished, colored digital scratchboard.  The color was done overtop using a Multiply Layer.  I exported the layers to Photoshop and put in the logo and called it good.  Tomorrow's the last day!

* * *

Done digitally in Clip Studio Paint.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment