Tuesday, October 31, 2023

Day 31: It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown (1966) - 31 Days of HELL-O-Ween 2023

31 Days of HELL-O-Ween 2023:
It's the Great Pumpkin,
Charlie Brown (1966)

Hey, hey!  I made it to the end of
"31 Days of HELL-O-Ween" 2023!

Although, ironically, this was the latest I posted a "31 Days of HELL-O-Ween" for this year.  In each of the previous years, I had several times where I didn't finish up my drawing or painting and get it posted until 10:00pm or so, and I think one time it was after 11:00pm.  So, dangerously close.  This year, however, I was able to keep up the the schedule and had them posted by 10:00am at the latest (well, except for this one, which is posted at 4:00pm), even though the actual paintings kept incriminating up in time to the point where I was spending an average of about 6 hours per painting.  

I will admit it's a lot of work and I take the "31 Days of HELL-O-Ween" embarrassingly serious.  Oh, well, it's great practice.  This year, most of 'em turned out not too bad; a few of them are actually better than OK; and there are also a few stinkers in the bunch that I am slightly embarrassed by.  Y'know, the usual.

Anyhoo, HAPPY HALLOWEEN!  👻 🎃 💀

* * *

STEP ONE:  In Clip Studio Paint, I created a 2,000px x 3,000px digital canvas and scribbled out the digital pencils.

* * *

STEP TWO:  And here are the digital inks.  I exported the digital inks as a .PNG file, which I then imported into Rebelle 6 to do the coloring.

* * *

STEP THREE:  Just for fun, here's the color plate which I did in Rebelle 6, which I then exported as another .PNG file, sized to fit under the Black Plate from Clip Studio Paint.

* * *

STEP FOUR:  In Clip Studio Paint, I imported the color plate and placed the black plate over top.  I tweaked a couple minor spots to add shadows to the Great Pumpkin and such and called it good enough.

* * *

Done digitally in Clip Studio Paint and Rebelle.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment