Friday, October 1, 2021

Day 01: They Live (1988) - 31 Days of HELL-O-Ween 2021

 31 Days of HELL-O-Ween 2021:
They Live (1988)

Hey, it's time again once again for "31 Days of HELL-O-Ween"!  And done with a few hours to spare!  I guess I really must be a masochist of some sort, doing this for the third year in a row.  And, once again, we will see if I am able to keep up and do a daily Halloween-based post throughout October.  If you see a blank picture with "The Invisible Man" or "Spooky Stick Figure", or something similar, you know I done messed up.

Once again, starting on an (I hope) humorous introduction to "31 Days of HELL-O-Ween", this time as one of aliens from John Carpenter's other great Halloween movie, "The Live".  I always liked the sense of paranoia, the secret plot with subliminal messages, and with end-stage Capitalism and all the movie has more relavence now than ever.

To be honest, there's about 10lbs of excrement pushed into a 1lb bag with this one, but what ya gonna do?  Also, I have the Arial Black font with "Notice Me!" stretched out beyond all measure; it pains me!

Also, it should go without saying, but I never wear a suit.

* * *

31 DAYS OF HELL-O-WEEN:
The Take-Home Game!


And here are some logos for those of you who (for some dumb reason) want to play along at home!  It doesn't have to be daily--heck, just do one or two for the entire month--that's just as valid.  I'm just a dum-dum that does stuff the hard way.  There's no glory, no fame or fortune (trust me, I've done this for two years for neither fame or fortune).  It's just for fun.  If you do wind up using them or posting anything, send me an e-mail of the link and I'll check it out!

* * *

STEP ONE:  Here are the digital pencils done on a 1,500px x 2,250px canvas.  I prefer blue-lines for the pencils--a throwback to the days when I drew in blue pencil and then inked overtop.  I scribbled the basic script as well, which is how I normally work.  Thumbnail and possible dialog right next to it.

* * *

STEP TWO:  And the inks and lettering.  There was some minor re-writing to make sure everything fit on the page, changes in phrasing, etc.  I thought it would be mildly interesting for some to see the writing process I use.  Very mildly interesting.

* * *

STEP THREE:  Color!  And, in some spots, a lack thereof! 

* * *

Done digitally in Clip Studio Paint.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment