Wednesday, October 6, 2021

Day 06: Halloween 3: Season of the Witch (1982) - 31 Days of HELL-O-Ween 2021

31 Days of HELL-O-Ween 2021:
Halloween 3: Season of the Witch

Happy Happy Halloween, Halloween, Halloween--Siver Shamrock!

"Halloween 3: Season of the Witch" is bonkers.  It's slow moving, the plot involves evil corporations, murderous androids, and Halloween masks with a splinter of Stonehenge which turns kids into bugs and snakes when they watch the Silver Shamrock commercial?  But, it is so spectacularly strange, I find it oddly charming and compelling.

This was the very first episode of the "Halloween" series I saw as a young teen, so I was especially confused as I kept wondering where Michael Myers was and when he was showing up.  I also do have to give them credit for actually going for it and attempting to do something different with the series; They were thinking of doing "Halloween" as an anthology series, and there is part of me which makes me wonder what would have been if they kept it up.

* * *

STEP ONE:  Here are the quick pencils on the 8-1/2" x 11" toned cardstock.

* * *

STEP TWO:  Here's the first layer of acrylic paint...

* * *

STEP THREE:  And here's the finished acrylic painting.  After it was scanned in, I pulled it into Photoshop and used the airbrush to amp up the color in the background which was swamped out in the scanning.

* * *

This was done with acrylic paint on 8-1/2" x 11" toned cardstock and very minor digital correction.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment