Sunday, October 15, 2023

Day 15: Terrifier (2016) - 31 Days of HELL-O-Ween 2023

 31 Days of HELL-O-Ween 2023:
Terrifier (2016)

Hey, hey!  It's about the halfway point and this time I'm running a little more behind schedule than I would like.  Oh, well.  This time it's Art the Clown from 2016's "Terrifier".  The story is relatively simple: Scary clown/mime runs around, well, terrifying and killing people in all manner of horrible, hack-and-slash, splattery ways.  Like Michael Meyers or Jason, he pops in and out of existence depending on where he is needed to be and can heal from all manner of injuries.  While the acting can be a bit stagy and stilted, it makes up for it in its grisly imagination.

I will say it had some very impressive special effects and make-up effects for such a low budget film, including one of the most gruesome deaths I've seen in quite some time.  Bleh!  Trust me, you'll know it when you see it.  Absolutely Medieval.

This was done with Acrylic Paint and a palette of: Paynes Gray, Titanium White, Yellow Ochre, Burnt Sienna, Burnt Umber, Primary Cyan, Turquoise Deep, and Cadmium Red Deep.

* * *

STEP ONE:  Here is a quick breakdown painted on an 8-1/2" x 11" extra thick cardstock which was primed with a 50/50 mix of gesso and matte medium.

* * *

STEP TWO:  OK, I admit that I should have just taken the extra time to draw out more carefully and exactly, rather than just eyeballing it and going on.  It started to get away from me and would have saved me a lot of time painting and re-painting.  There's a lesson in there somewhere.  Will I learn it?  Doubtful.

* * *

STEP THREE:  Here's the finished painting.  Of course, there was a lot of back-and-forth, and painting and re-painting.  It is always surprising how much of a difference a 1/4" (even 1/8") can make or break a likeness in a painting.  There were many times when I was thinking this was a loss, but it turned out OK in the end, I suppose.  On to the next one!

* * *

Done with Acrylic paint on 8-1/2" x 11" gessoed cardstock.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment